[clean-list] TCP library

Martin Wierich martinw@cs.kun.nl
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:10:05 +0200

Hi Sven,

The TCP library offers two different modes: the synchronous and the asynchronous
(event driven) mode. Using the latter only makes sense in conjunction with GUI
stuff, to avoid problems caused by blocking TCP operations in a one-thread-only
Clean program. When I designed this library I would have been more clever, if I
had divided it stricly in these two parts. This would enable the implementation
of the synchronous part for Linux.

Currently there is no manpower to do this.

The Windows implementation is based on the winsock api. Removing all windows
specific stuff (the event driven stuff) from the C code could lead into a unix
compatible socket based source.

cheers,
  Martin