[clean-list] Clean IDE2.0.Pre-build step ?

Fabien Todescato f.todescato@larisys.fr
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:20:52 +0200

Dear Cleaners,

I am at the moment building an application for which I do frequent
recompilations, and I would like to have automatically included in the
current version the date of the build.

I can easily write a tool that generate a .dcl and .icl having the current
date as a constant - say buildDate.icl & dcl - , and set up in the
appropriate modules in my project the import directive to that buildDate
module.

If the Clean IDE2.0 could launch just before the build of the project some
set of external tools, specified by the user, I could have the buildDate
module regenerated with the current build date just before the project is
rebuild.

Thus, the pre-build step feature solves my build date problem, but it is
also of a more general use that could make such an addition in the Clean
IDE2.0 worthwhile.

What are the opinions about this ?

Best regards, Fabien TODESCATO