[clean-list] Re: Refactoring Clean Applications

Erik Zuurbier EZuurbier@Abz.nl
Tue, 8 May 2001 09:19:30 +0200

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0D78F.39296244

A CVS overview says - in the context of merging different updates on the
same file: "CVS does not understand the semantics of your program; it simply
treats its source code as a tree of text files."

Documentation I read about CVS just talks about managing versions of sets of
files updated by different peaople simultaneously. Not a word about keeping
project files, definition files, implementation files, file paths and import
statements in sync. If the quote above is generally true of CVS, I guess CVS
cannot help me do this and help me keep an overview of my project, generate
a call graph, etc.

So should CVS be extended with such features, or should the IDE?

Regards
Erik Zuurbier