[clean-list] Compiling the chat TCP demo with Clean 1.3.3.

Martin Wierich martinw@cs.kun.nl
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 10:52:12 +0100

Hi Fabien,

Fabien Todescato wrote:

> Dear cleaners,
>
> Trying to generate the executable for the chatClient.icl delivered with the
> TCP library, I get the following error messages :
> PS.I am using the Clean 1.3.3 compiler with up-to-date versions of the TCP
> and ObjectIO library.

If you are using Windows then possibly you are not using the up to date versions
of these libraries. The chatClient example works with "TCP 1.2.1/Object I/O
1.2.1" and "TCP 1.1/Object I/O 1.1.1". A few days ago our webpages were somehow
reverted to an out-of-date state, which might be a reason that you could have
catched outdated libraries. If you used MacOS then tell me and I check it for
you.

cheers
  Martin Wierich