HTTP servers implemented using Clean

Monique Wittebrood & Marco Kesseler m.wittebrood@mailbox.kun.nl
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 21:42:59 +0200

>Dear Clean users,
>
>I am lucky enough to work in a distributed computing environment, and am
>currently evaluating Clean for the new software projects of my company.
>
>As Clean is excellent at synthesizing - for instance HTML+JavaScript -
>code and is equipped in its IOObjectLibrary with a neat TCP interface, I
>am contemplating using Clean in order to experiment with the use of the
>http protocol to implement remote clients for some computation server.
>
>I would be very glad to know if someone is already experienced with that
>kind of things, and if such is the case, to be able to obtain some
>sample code.
> Thank you for dedicating some of your time reading and answering this.
>                                                                  Fabien

Hi all,

for what it is worth, I have recently started to write an XML parser in
Clean (a validating one, and as conforming as I can get it). While doing
so, I will write code to convert the parsetree back to XML, just to see
that I am doing things the right way. I don't know exactly how long this
will take me, as this is the next fun thing to do at home (after writing a
JPEG decoder). Anyway: I am planning to publish the code in due time.

(And yes, I know about PXP, FXP, HaXml and plenty of C(++) implementations)

cheers!
Marco Kesseler