Malba Tahan's e-book and CD-ROM.

Ana Maria Abrao ana@ufu.br
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 17:57:22 -0300

Dear friends,

Our lab is preparing an eletronic edition of Malba Tahan's "Maktub" and
'The Man Who Counted". The edition comprises an e-book and a CD-ROM. The
e-book has the full text, and lessons of Clean and Prolog. The CD has
animations for most tales, games and brain twisters. In my humble
opinion, the product is very good.

We are thinking about an International Edition of Malba Tahan's tales.
Since it will requires us to pay copyright to the State, of Malba Tahan,
to Clean, and to BetaProlog, and since the copyright to a best seller
writer is quite expensive, I would like to know whether people is
interested in such a book before delving into the venture. To give you
an idea of the kind of work we are doing, I put a couple of pages of the
e-book on the Net. The address is:

http:// palaia.ufu.br

We also would like to receive games for the CD. As for the Price, the
Portuguese edition will cost around 10 dollars, just enough to pay the
copyrigths to Malba Tahan's state, Clean and BetaProlog, and the cost of
pressing the CDs, of course. The English edition would cost slightly
more, because of delivering and tax costs.

Waiting for feedback (and games, and programs, and help with the
translation, etc.).

Greetings,
Ria Lab.