Clean is loosing portability in favour of Windows :(

Charles Hixson charleshixsn@earthlink.net
Wed, 05 Jul 2000 17:33:49 -0700

Jose Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> I am really sad to know that Clean is loosing portability and
> is being target mainly to Windows platforms. I have been
> waiting for improvements for the Linux platform for some time
> (mainly in the libraries) but it did not happened. Is it
> the case that the great majority of Clean programmers are
> Windows programmers? Are not there a lot of Linux (or other
> OS) programmers waiting for a better Clean for their
> platform?

I feel sorry about that too, but the warning was
clear 6 mo.s or so ago when they decided to tighten
access to the source rather than loosen it.  Have
you checked Haskell, or OCaML?  Perhaps they have
what you need.  Personally, I ended up switching my
focus to Ruby (or Python.  I still dither.)  They
have lambda notation, but aren't really functional
languages.
-- Charles Hixson
-- charleshixson@earthling.net