Clean is loosing portability in favour of Windows :(

Jose Romildo Malaquias romildo@urano.iceb.ufop.br
Mon, 29 May 2000 08:19:00 -0300

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 10:44:11AM +0200, Martin Wierich wrote:
> [...]
>
> If you seriously consider to extend the I/O system then
> mail us before (not via the clean-list), we might have
> some information for you. And we really prefer implementations
> that are available on several platforms, although Clean
> is loosing this property more and more (Windows seems to
> be the winner again).
>
> greetings
>   Martin Wierich
>   University of Nijmegen

I am really sad to know that Clean is loosing portability and
is being target mainly to Windows platforms. I have been
waiting for improvements for the Linux platform for some time
(mainly in the libraries) but it did not happened. Is it
the case that the great majority of Clean programmers are
Windows programmers? Are not there a lot of Linux (or other
OS) programmers waiting for a better Clean for their
platform?

Probably the Clean team does not have the resources to
support well other platforms.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias <romildo@iceb.ufop.br>