Re[3]: Object IO, fast window redraw

John van Groningen johnvg@cs.kun.nl
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:18:32 +0200

Valery wrote:

>here is my code:
>//---------------------------------------------
>some_matrix = [[j \\ j<-[0..80] ] \\ k<-[0..80] ]
>lookfunc = (\_ _ ->drawmat {x=0,y=0} some_matrix)
>
>drawrow::Vector *Picture ->*Picture
>drawrow  [] pic = pic
>drawrow  [v:vs] pic =
>  ((drawrow vs) o
>  (drawPoint) o
>  (setPenColour (RGB {r=v,g= v,b= v})) ) pic

>Is there an advice?

The setPenColour function is very slow on Windows. In the IO library 0.8.1 there is a DrawCPoint function that is about 8 times faster than drawing points using setPenColour and drawPoint.

Unfortunately this function seems to have disappeared in the Std* modules of the Object IO libraries, although the lower level interfaces for DrawCPoint still exist.
I think this function should be added to the Object IO library.

Best regards,

John