Still got problems!

Martijn Vervoort martijnv@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 22 May 2000 08:35:14 +0200

Hi Graham,

I cutted the part of your message which has already been answered.

>After this I successfully compiled and ran the example program Start =
5+2*3.
>A warning was generated though:
>Unable to set up directory cache: path\Clean system files
>
>Do I need to take any notice of this?
Yes, you should probably create the path\Clean system files-directory
yourself.
I don't know why the CleanIDE cannot create the directory itself.

>I also have a question about layout of programs. All the examples have the
>basic form of:
>
>Type decleration
>Function
>
>Type decleration
>Function
>
>Is this simply a matter of convention or can I group all type declerations
at
>the top and then write the functions?
The type declaration belongs to a function. You can either specify it or let
the
compiler derive it. But when you write them, it is expected that the
function
definition immediately follows it in an implementation module (*.icl).

The type declaration in a definition module (*.dcl) is *not* accompanied by
its definition.

>Type decleration
>Type decleration
>            .
>            .
>            .
>Function
>Function
>Function
>
>My own preference would be to keep like with like and keep type
declerations
>separate from functions
I hope this helps.

Martijn Vervoort