Still got problems!

Martijn Vervoort martijnv@cs.kun.nl
Fri, 19 May 2000 10:25:07 +0200

Hi Graham,

>Well,I've made as little progress. I discovered that CleanIDE 2.0 did
>not have the compiler as part of the download. I downloaded an earlier
>version and now things are compiling.
>
>Two problems however still exist.
>
>1) Update and run compiles but does not run anything. Run used by itself
>gives the useless message "Cannot launch the application". I say useless
>because messages which give no indication of the reason for the error
>are useless.

Make sure that your paths, specified in the environment you are using
exists.
It may also be that this error is a consequence of the second problem. You
should always have a project. (Make one with new project in the file-menu)

>2) I also got the message StdBool in StdEnv has wrong ABC number. The
>ABC number for StdEnv is 918 at the moment.

To find out the version number (ABC Number): open an ABC-file of the
StdEnv you are using. After the .comp-keyword a number is specified, that
is the one you need. All you have to do, is to change it in the environment
you are using.

>Can anybody give me an idea about what ABC number I need and why
>applications cannot be launched?

I hope this helps

>Graham Telfer

Martijn Vervoort