The need for the Clean sources

Pieter Koopman pieter@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:17:58 +0200

At 14:40 20/09/99 +0200, Pedro Palao Gostanza wrote:
>Jose Romildo Malaquias wrote:
>> I need the Clean compilation system working in a RedHat Linux 6.0 machine
>> (glibc 2.1, egcs 1.1.2). The Linux binaries provided at the Clean site
>> does not work on this system. So I would like to be able to compile the
>> Clean system myself, but I do not have access to the source code. It
>> would be nice if at least the Clean team make a new binary distribution
>> of Clean for this platform, as it seems we will not have the chance
>> to it ourselves.
>
>I am waiting for this too; i would like to upgrade to RedHat 6.0.
>Remember that a lot of Linux systems use RedHat distrubution;
>the failure of Clean
>to run on these machines (even executables created in a RedHat 5.2 don't
>work in RedHat 6.0) cuts a lot of potential new users (at least my
>students).

John van Groningen is working on this. Should be available within 2 weeks.

>Incidentaly, what about Clean 2.0?

In fact there is only one problem: lack of time to work on it. We are
testing the Clean 2.0 compiler. There seems to be no serious problems, only
lots of small things. Currently there are still to much of these small but
nasty things to make Clean 2.0 available.

Pieter Koopman