Three quick questions

Pieter Koopman pieter@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:27:29 +0200

At 02:13 17/09/99 -0400, John Duncan wrote:
>I'm doing a sort of personal technical feasibility study of various
>languages. I'm really attracted to functional languages, and
>especially clean because it appears to be very efficient.
>
>I was wondering a few things:
>    1. Does anyone have any experience doing genetic algorithms using
>Clean?

Don't know. Chris Clack has used functional languages successfully for
genetic algorithms. If I remember well he used good old Miranda.

>    2. How "open" is clean. What would it take to get the src?

I principle the source code (C) of the current system is not available. We
are working on a new implementation of Clean in Clean (called Clean 2.0).
The Clean parts of this implementation will be available.
Why do you need the source anyway? As far as i can see, genetic algorithms
can be done without changing the language.

Pieter Koopman