Clean 1.3.1 on RedHat Linux 6.0 (glibc 2.1)

Theo Ruys ruys@cs.utwente.nl
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:01:53 +0200

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:56:51 -0300, =

romildo@urano.iceb.ufop.br wrote:

> I had been successfuly running the Clean compiler
> on Linux until I have upgraded to the latest
> RedHat distribution (Red Hat Linux 6.0), which is
> based on Linux kernel 2.2.5, egcs 1.1.2 compiler
> and glibc 2.1. Since then I was not able to use
> Clean tools any more (even using the compatibility
> pacakges) since the binary distribution
> of Clean is not compatible with these system.

Now that I have also upgraded from RedHat 5.x to =

RedHat 6.0 I have been bitten by the same problem: =

I cannot compile any Clean program anymore. =

The problem seems to stem from the (new) ecgs 1.1.2
compiler and the (changed) glibc 2.1 library.

I would appreciate it very much if the Clean team
could recompile the Clean v1.3.1 distribution on a
RedHat 6.0 box. =

Greetings,
Theo Ruys

  Theo C. Ruys                     University of Twente =

                                   Department of Computer Science =

  phone: +31 53 4893716            Formal Methods and Tools group (FMT) =

  fax: +31 53 4893247              P.O. Box 217 =

  email: ruys@cs.utwente.nl        7500 AE Enschede
  http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~ruys   The Netherlands