use gui to build gui

Paul Dufresne dufrp@oricom.ca
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 22:15:38 -0400

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 11:54:19PM +0200, rinus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Antonio Eduardo Costa Pereira wrote:
> >
> > Adrian Hey wrote:

> We like the idead of Luca very much, otherwise we would not be so fan of dynamics...
>
> I can't react that often because I am very occupied with my managing work.
>
> Currently many people of the Clean team are on holiday...
>
> Greetings,
>
> Rinus (I am on holiday as well...)

Oh, thanks for taking time to answer this. Somehow I was guessing that
it was more a question of time constraint rather than other things.
OTOH (on the other hand) I was a bit worry because I have noticed that
on some mailing-lists, if you say something people disaprove, you're
more likely to get no answer at all than messages showind disaprobation.
So I wanted to make sure.

To Adrian: I am happy to see that Ana Maria is working on this.
But don't tell her I am here or she will ask me to translate some
web pages about Clean in french. :-) Hehe, Hi Ana Maria!

Well, I downloaded the Linux binaries for Clean. I was pleasantly
surprised to see that the IO library seems to be in it. I have not
been able to run the examples yet, although that I have been able
to enter in the CleanIde under X-windows. It seems to be a problem
of path configuration. I need to take the time to configure things
correctly. I have run the makefile but it seems that it is not
enough to have the path to clm and the man page setup. Also I need
to get the Xview packages. I am running Debian slink, with zsh.
I know that there is a warning that the IO library have some
problems on X-windows.

Euh, some have mentioned Pict programming language to do Internet
programming. I'd like to suggest here that JOCAML (join-calculus
rather than pi-calculus implemented in a module of OCAML) exist.
See http://para.inria.fr/