Clean 1.3.1 on RedHat Linux 6.0 (glibc 2.1)

Jose Romildo Malaquias romildo@urano.iceb.ufop.br
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:56:51 -0300

Hello.

I had been successfuly running the Clean compiler
on Linux until I have upgraded to the latest
RedHat distribution (Red Hat Linux 6.0), which is
based on Linux kernel 2.2.5, egcs 1.1.2 compiler
and glibc 2.1. Since then I was not able to use
Clean tools any more (even using the compatibility
pacakges) since the binary distribution
of Clean is not compatible with these system.

Please let me know if there is or there will be a
version of Clean for these environment. If not,
would it be possible to compile Clean from source
without a running Clean compiler (that is, is
Clean writen in Clean itself)? If the answer is
yes, would it be possible to make the source code
for the Clean compiler available so that I could
try compiling it myself?

Thanks.

Prof. José Romildo Malaquias <romildo@urano.iceb.ufop.br>
Departamento de Computação