Preliminary result

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@atlas.otago.ac.nz
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:44:39 +1300 (NZDT)

I now have my neural net code running in Clean.
It is
  - based on lists, not arrays (yet)
  - missing many of the uniqueness annotations (see an earlier message
    from me asking for some help with this)
  - full of strictness annotations
  - NOT compiled with the -ou option in any case
So this is a very very preliminary result.

The original C version took 254 seconds on a medium size made-up test
problems.  My improved C took 102 seconds.

The Clean version took 10590 seconds.

OUCH.

I would be delighted to send the code to anyone who was inclined to
advise.  Basically, 2 pages for random number generator, 2 pages
for vector/matrix library, and 2 pages for NN code, so it's not huge.