Problems with Clean 1.3 on 68K Mac

Tuomas Salonen tee@saunalahti.fi
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:03:58 +0200

----------
>From: Matt Fairtlough <m.fairtlough@dcs.shef.ac.uk>
>To: clean-list@cs.kun.nl
>Subject: Problems with Clean 1.3 on 68K Mac
>Date: ke 25. marras 1998 16:58
>

>Hello, Clean people.
>
>Background:
>
>I am new to this list; I lecture in Computer Science at Sheffield
>University, UK.  My research interests are in logic, formal
>verification and programming language semantics. My department has
>just (with some encouragement from me:-) decided to change from
>teaching Lisp as a first language to our undergraduate students to
>teaching Clean.  I may well end up teaching the course myself.  I hope
>it will turn out to be a good decision!
>
>Our 120-odd first year students will (probably) be using PCs running
>Windows95 or 98, but I use a Mac myself.
>
>Problem: most of the IO examples in the Clean 1.3 distribution fail to
>run on my Mac Quadra 610. The exception is the SimpleDataBase, with
>which I experience no problems. I am running system 7.5, with over
>52MBytes of main memory.  The compilation and code-generation stages
>proceed normally, but during the linking process I get an error
>message:
>
>error: file [Picture] too large (>32K)  [some stats]

I had propably the same problem when when I moved from version 1.2.4 to 1.3.
on my Quadra 900. Now it is working, but I'm not sure how I did it.

>Can anyone shed any light on this problem?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Matt.

ObjectIO and old IO-librarys are not compatible. They have however modules
and routines with same name.

Try this:
Remove all default paths exept:
    {Application}:
    {Application}:StdEnv:
    {Application}:68KMacInterface:
    and the path of ObjectIO 1.0.1

Then compile again.

If it is still not working, change som compiler options to make sure that
compiler really recompiles everything (with correct librarys).

Hope this helps.

Tuomas Salonen