HTML generation, HTML parsing

Paul de Mast paul.demast@ptf.hwb.nl
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:15:41 MET

Dear Clean users,

Because I'm working on an time tableprogram (for a school
situation) in Clean, which also should have the facility to generate
an HTML document (consisting of a lot of tables) to communicate the
timetables to students and teachers I have the following questions:

1. Does anyone have (example) programs written in Clean for generating
HTML documents?  Or a library of assisting functions? Also if someone
is busy working on something like this I'm interested.

I have defined functions for translating a specific datastructure to
HTML, but I'm looking for more general approuch / library.

2. Will it become possible to use Clean as a scripting language for
HTML documents? For Haskell a lot of work has already be done, so I'm
wondering if the same can be done for Clean. What I like to do is to
generate the HTML tables for timetable information on demand and not
in advance.

For future interests I also have the following questions:

3. Does someone have written a HTML parser (or is busy with it) in
Clean, preferably using the parsing combinator library?

4. For writing a simple editor in Clean, documentation and examples
are available. These examples however always presume drawing text in
one font(size). But is there also documentation/examples available
for creating a HTML editor / browser. This means dealing with
muliple font(sizes) / layouts in one text.

Paul de Mast.