tip for converting to Clean 1.3

Erik Zuurbier F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 12:56:47 +0200

I use the Clean IDE to convert umpty programs to Clean version 1.3.
All of them have a so called project file (extension .prj). When I
started, I did this:

Open project 1.
Change the file paths to point to the new StdEnv folder etc.
Make changes to the program.
Compile.

Open project 2.
Change some project specific file paths.
Make changes to the program.
Compile.

etc.

When I did this, I saw that Clean recompiled the new StdEnv etc.
in each project. This is not a bug, I think.

My tip is: first change all the path settings in all your projects.
Then pray that they are right the first time.
Then start adapting your programs and recompiling them.

This way, StdEnv etc. is recompiled only once.

Erik Zuurbier