Interface with C

Alan Grover awgrover@umich.edu
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:00:57 -0500

At 2:26 PM -0500 5/29/98, ana wrote:
>I was happy to notice that the Clean team addressed my suggestion of
>providing the language with an interface with C, and with a better path
>manager. Now, Clean 1.3 has default paths to StdEnv and to IOInterface.
>That makes life much easier for beginers. The interface to C is very
>cool too. All you need to do is to add C object modules in the
>link options. I would say that Clean team fulfiled all my wishes.
>Now, I hope that they will keep the language simple and easy to
>use. This will put Clean within reach of people who, like myself,
>are not computer scientists.

So, how is the interface to foreign routines used? I've hunted through the
documentation, and can't find anything except "this is not treated in this
reference manual". Is there some documentation for this?

---
"Alan Grover, Technical Pb" awgrover@umich.edu
+1 (743) 647-5778
Project Leader
Health Media Research Lab, Cancer Center
5D04 North Ingalls Building, Mail Stop 0471
300 North Ingalls
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0471