eval, or interpreting

rinus plasmeijer rinus@cs.kun.nl
Fri, 29 May 1998 00:11:23 +0200

>Here's the kind of things I want to do:

(...)

Clean 2.0 at some stage will have dynamic types, a dynamic linker and the possibility to read and store objects (functions) of type dynamic.

It will enable the programmer to read, store and communicate any expression with one function call.
The dynamic type system will enable you to check the type consistency of expressions read in.
Dynamics read in containing unevaluated function applications will cause a dynamic linking of the corresponding code needed for evaluation.

Some of your wishes might become possible with these new extensions.
I admit that a Clean interpreter would also be handy to have as well.

It will take some time before Clean 2.0 will become available.
We still have to do lots and lots of work
before all the old features of Clean 1.3 are re-implemented in Clean for Clean 2.0 and the holidays are comming soon...

Greetings,

Rinus