Rhapsody memory,was Re: Memory on the Mac

Adrian Hey ahey@iee.org
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:00:47 +0100 (BST)

This really is my last word on this subject.

Having spent a few hours trying to 'mug up' on what Rhapsody is
really all about I must admit that I'm somewhat less sceptical than
I was earlier. In fact I'm getting quite enthusiastic. I'm afraid
I've just got so used to a certain other software company (I'm sure you
know who I mean) doing things in the dumbest, most short sighted,
expedient manner possible just for the sake of getting a product onto
the market at the earliest opportunity that I've learned to be
extremely suspicious. I wonder how many person hours have been lost
to businesses world wide as a result of this 'any quick fix will do'
mentality. I daren't even hazard a guess, but it will be some very
huge number. (The millenium problem being just one example. It wouldn't
have cost much to get this right in the first place, but...)

I'm very pleased to see that Rhapsody really is is intended to be a lot
more than a 'quick fix' for the shortcomings of MacOS.

Regards
--
Adrian Hey