Rhapsody memory,was Re: Memory on the Mac

Michael Schuerig schuerig@acm.org
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 01:22:50 +0200

At 21:30 Uhr +0200 11.04.1998, you wrote:
> Have I missed something here?

> Btw, does anyone know what Allegro is and why we should keep our eye
>on it?
> (Sorry, but as a general rule I'm not the least bit interested in what's
> happening in the Mac/Apple world, hence my ignorance. I suppose this
> situation might change if I thought there was some prospect of getting an
> OS I could believe in.)

Yes, the most important thing: Brent was talking about the Rhapsody
_Blue Box_. That is the Mac OS compatibility "box" running as a
separate process on Rhapsody proper. I know very little about Rhapsody
memory handling. About the only thing I know is that Rhapsody _is_ BSD
Unix with OpenStep (Yellow Box) on top. Put differently I expect memory
handling to be excellent.

Michael (who hopes he'll someday be able to really learn functional
programming with Clean and would be delighted to do it on Rhapsody)