help with test harness

Alan Grover awgrover@mail.msen.com
8 Apr 98 17:52:32 -0500

As I'm building various utilities or applications, I often want a little
test harness to try things out. I've got it figured out for the simple case
of console/file i/o. However, I am lost with the object i/o.

Could someone be so kind as to provide a little test harness that:

shows how to display text (it doesn't even have to scroll)
shows how to get access to the "!PSt .l .p" datum
emphasizes clarity rather than optimization

A concrete example would be:
Initialize the random function
	getNewRandomSeed:: !(PSt .l .p)	-> (!RandomSeed, !PSt .l .p)
Produce an infinite-lazy list of random numbers
Display the first 10 of that list (I'll do the proper "toString").
Wait for the user to indicate quit (as primitively as you want).
Quits.

That nasty getNewRandomSeed is the only reason I have to have an object i/o
harness at this point.

Thanks, I will really appreciate it, and try to repay it with the little
toolkit I'm working on.