Quick question regarding indirection cells...

Bjorn Lisper lisper@it.kth.se
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 13:24:32 +0100 (MET)

>> I suspect indirection nodes are treated in Wadsworth's original
>> thesis on the subject.  There are few copies available, but the
>> Oxford library has the original, perhaps you can ask someone there
>> to check for you.  -- P

>I'm not so sure that you'll find a mention there. The reason is that
>Chris was dealing with the lambda calculus and not some more general
>functional programming language.

There are two late-seventies articles by Chris Wadsworth in SIAM
J. Computing which I suspect is an account for his thesis work. I don't
remember anything about indirections there, it's rather about the relation
between different models for the lambda calculus. (Not to say it's not
interesting....)

Björn Lisper

lisper@it.kth.se