Nijmegen to spark discussion?

rinus plasmeijer rinus@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 20:40:59 +0200

At 09:47 -0500 22-01-1998, Matthew Lye wrote:
>On 1/22/98 05:18 AM, Erik Zuurbier wrote:
>
>>The volume is again rather low. In times like these, could not the
>>Nijmegen boys throw in one or two topics that they have mixed
>>opinions about themselves? I am sure the dear clean users will
>>be glad to provide input to improve future Clean releases.
>
>I'm quite ready to start a Nijmegen fan club.  I'd be interested in
>updates as to how projects are going...  is anything new happening yet
>with the radar people?

This 4 years project will start 15th of februari, so we still have to start.
Due to this project and some other developments the Clean team will grow and we can do more things.
In fact: I am looking for *very good* computer scientist (with or without PhD) who like to join our group (e-mail rinus@cs.kun.nl if you are interested).

A new release of the "old" Clean compiler is under test (inluding profiling tools and destructive update possibilities for user defined unique data structures).
Hereafter we won't put effort in adding new stuf in the old compiler (with exception of some bug fixes and extensions which only have consequences for the code generator).

The implementation of new ideas has to wait until the new compiler (rewritten in Clean) is in the air.
Muti-parameter type constructor classes and dynamic types will be included in this new compiler.
It will take some time before we can release it on the net (although a lot is implemented already).

We keep you informed, and new ideas are welcomed. But we cannot do much until the new compiler is alive and kicking...

greetings,

Rinus