Hiding warnings

Arjan van IJzendoorn arjanij@cs.kun.nl
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 21:50:04 +0100

Hello Clean users,

Some people suggested that it would be nice to hide certain
warnings. I don't know if I, as the IDE programmer, can make
this happen. There is one thing I would like to change in
the new IDE. I want the errors to occur before warnings. Currently,
it is possible that the "Errors" window shows only warnings,
because the errors are at the bottom of the list.
Removing certain warnings will probably be a joint effort of the compiler
builders and me. Thank you for your ideas.

I take this opportunity to publish an update on the progress of the new IDE.
The development does not go as rapidly as I wanted (does it ever?). The
new IDE is based on the new Object I/O lib and this library is so
different from the old lib that the complete editor has to be rewritten.
This has almost been done. Then the project manager has to be
designed and implemented. I hope to reuse the good parts of the current
project manager.

Greetings,
  Arjan