A wish: "This function is OK, do not warn me again!"

Jan Krynicky Jan@ChipNET.cz
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:43:06 -0100

Sometimes you write a function that is surely OK, but the compiler
still warns about something.

Usualy something like "Function may fail..." in

fun x = (a,b,c)
 where
   [ a, b, c ] = infinitelist x

I'm glad I get such warnings, but if I check it and find out it's OK
I would like to be able to tell the compiler:
"This function is OK, do not bother me again!"

Couldn't you add some pragmas of something?

Eg.
//#nowarn
 = do not give warnings about the next function

//#NOWARN
 = turn varnings completely off

//#warn
 = turn it back for this function

//#WARN
 = turn it back

Would be great if the editor would process (hide&change) them and
preferably even use them to change the display of the function.

Say
//#constrict
would mean that it should show you only the type of the function
and constrict the body so taht you do not have to scroll
through it once you debuged/proved it.

What do you think?

Jenda