Object IO freezes linker

Ron Wichers Schreur ronny@cs.kun.nl
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 18:56:54 +0100

I wrote (to the Clean Discussion list):

> [Clean IDE needs more memory to link the Object library]
> I've developed an application to change the heap size, stack
> size and other options for a Clean application (most of the
> options you find in the Option->Application... dialogue box)
> This application will be available next Wednesday (14/1).

The application is now available at

    <ftp://ftp.cs.kun.nl/pub/Clean/Clean12/mac/CleanOptions124.sea.hqx>.

If you set the Heap Size to 5M, you should be able to compile and
link the ObjectIO examples.

Because of an anomaly in the settings of the Clean IDE 1.2.4, you
will get a negative value (-200K) for the Extra Memory option when
you open this application with Clean Options utility. Set the Extra
Memory value to 100K or the Clean IDE will not work after you change
the application options.

Cheers,

Ronny Wichers Schreur