[FieldTrip] help on time varying coherence

gellert.levente at med.u-szeged.hu gellert.levente at med.u-szeged.hu
Sun Mar 31 21:31:41 CEST 2024

Dear FieldTrip Community,

I am working with LFP recordings from freely moving rats. Continous
recording, no trials.

After reading available tutorials, I still can not find the strategy to
calculate time varying coherence between two  channels. I am able to
calculate e.g. cross-power spectrum via _ft_freqanalysis_, I for this I
could create cfg structure ,  data structure.

I wanted to calculate the time varying fourier coefficients with the
ft_freqanalysis which would be an input for the ft_connectivityanalysis.
However, I can get only fourier coefficients for frequencies, so  just in
the frequency domain, no windowing.

Could you please give some hints for the correct cfg method and output
settings to be able to calculate coherence , and imaginary coherence in a
time varying fashion?

Best regards

Levente Gellért

OScillatory Neural Networks Research Group

University of Szeged