[FieldTrip] Changing conductivity values of existing volume conduction model

Nunez Ponasso, Guillermo gcnunez at wpi.edu
Fri Feb 16 19:51:17 CET 2024

Dear FieldTrip community,

I am creating volume conduction models with the function ft_prepare_headmodel.
For dipole fitting purposes, I would like to experiment with different conductivity values.
My question is: To change conductivity values for the model, is it sufficient to change the values in its .cond field, or is it necessary to re-run ft_prepare_headmodel with new conductivity values in order to make sure that the forward simulations, and dipole fitting are done correctly?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best,
Guillermo Nunez Ponasso

Post-doctoral scholar
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Worcester Polytechnic Institute