[FieldTrip] EMG Processing for Coherence Computation

klocke p.r.o. (pk1e14) pk1e14 at southamptonalumni.ac.uk
Fri Apr 26 11:01:29 CEST 2024

Dear all,
On the field trip tutorial webpage “Analysis of corticomuscular coherence” it says that EMG data are rectified and high passed at 10 Hz as a standard procedure whereas MEG data is not. Corticomuscular coherence is subsequently computed for frequencies even below 10 Hz.
I was wondering whether there are any previous publications that one can refer to that confirms this procedure?
I know that both the Journal of Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology stipulate a corner frequency of 10 Hz or the SENIAM recommendations which recommends filters between 10-20 Hz for processing of EMG data but does the same apply to EMG data when calculating coherence?

Many thanks and best

Patrick