[FieldTrip] Anyone a thorough example of applying ft_artifact_zvalue?

Ivaylo Iotchev ivaylo.iotchev at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 12:32:06 CEST 2023

Dear community,

does anyone have actual example lines of how any of the outputs of
ft_artifact_zvalue are applied back on the data for which they were
calculated?

The function returns a cfg and an artifact matrix... because of the
constant switching between structure and matrix representation so typical
of Fieldtrip I am not yet able to apply any of the two with my current
understanding of what is going on. It is bordering on mockery that you
don't specify the functions that can use the cfg output neither in the
examples nor in the help-text description of the function itself, like
seriously? I had to find out by trial-and-error that ft_redefinetrial
cannot use the cfg output... thanks I guess.

I am  steaming a bit here, but don't mind me, maybe the answers can also be
helpful for others in the community, so don't be discouraged by my mood

Bests,

Ivo