[FieldTrip] a question about preprocessing

Elisa Tatti elisatatti at msn.com
Mon Apr 18 15:46:04 CEST 2022

Hello Masoud,

I never run ICA on interpolated data. As the data are interpolated with the average value across the neighbor channels, you may affect negatively the ICA algorithm.
Thus, I usually remove the bad channels and epochs, run the ICA without them, remove the artifactual components and then interpolate the channels I removed.
For the same reason, I usually re-reference the data at the end of the preprocessing.

Best wishes,
Elisa

Elisa Tatti, Ph.D.

Post Doctoral Research Fellow