[FieldTrip] ft_appenddata issue - "cannot append this data"

Thilan Tudor thilantudor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 11:16:46 CET 2023

Thank you! Yes, when I run isequal to compare the time of LFP_proc_ftdata
and EEG_proc_ftdata variables it returns logical = 0. After importing the
LFP data, it needs to be resampled to 100 Hz since the EEG data has a
sampling rate of 100Hz.

When I look at the cell array for EEG_proc_ftdata.time, each cell in the
array goes from 0.01 s to 30 s in 0.01 increments, whereas for
LFP_proc_ftdata.time it is from (0.0070 s to 29.997 s in 0.01 increments).
When looking at LFP_data (the LFP data before the 250 Hz to 100 Hz
resampling), LFP_data.time is a cell array 1 x 1332  of 1 x 7500 double as
expected, with time starting at 0.004 and going up in 0.004 increments.

Is there a way to get the time to align between the two so that they are
equivalent (after LFP data is resampled from 250-->100Hz)?

Thanks!

The resampling code is:
cfg = [];
cfg.resamplefs = 100;
LFP = ft_resampledata(cfg, LFP_data.ftdata);

cfg = [];
cfg.refchannel = 'all';
cfg.reref = 'yes';
cfg.refmethod = 'bipolar';
cfg.bpfilter = 'yes';
cfg.bpfreq = [1,49];
LFP_proc_ftdata = ft_preprocessing(cfg,LFP);