[FieldTrip] Variable trial length

Bence Szaszkó bence.szaszko at univie.ac.at
Wed Mar 1 19:29:02 CET 2023

Hello Fieldtrippers,

I am trying to segment my dataset into two datasets, based on
conditions.
I will simplify my example a bit here:
Within the file, the start of condition A is marked with event 11 and
it's end by event 12. The start of condition B is marked by event 21,
while it's end by 22. Unfortunately, we're not talking about trials with
a fixed amount of length, so their length is only defined by the events
themselves and varies greatly.

My end product would be one dataset for all trials of condition A "stuck
together", and one for condition B. Then, I would epoch the separated
files in 2s epochs. However, I am not able to define my "trials"
properly as a first step, neither by using an own trial function, nor by
using the default trial function. Do you have any idea how to approach
this?

Best regards,
Bence

--
Bence Szaszkó, BSc MA MSc
University Assistant (prae doc)

University of Vienna
Faculty of Psychology
Department of Cognition, Emotion, and Methods in Psychology

Liebiggasse 5
A-1010 Wien/Vienna
Austria

e-mail: bence.szaszko at univie.ac.at