[FieldTrip] Help with definetrial for EGI .mff file

Varghese Mathew 1881002 varghese.mathew at res.christuniversity.in
Wed Apr 19 16:27:13 CEST 2023

Hi
I am doing analysis on Netstation EGI .mff file using Fieldtrip, I have
tried using .mff file directly and after converting to EDF. However, I am
getting error in defining trials. Mostly I get an error message  Unrecognized
field name "headerfile"  .
I would like to know how to go about this in EDF or .mff format.
It will also be helpful if someone can help with how to modify
ft_trialfun_general for .mff file as well.
I am pasting the code I used, below.
cfg=[]
cfg.dataset = 'E:\FT\OP17.mff';
cfg.dataformat = 'egi_mff_v3'
cfg.headerformat = 'egi_mff_v3'
cfg.trialdef.eventtype = 'stim';
cfg.trialdef.prestim = 1;
cfg.trialdef.poststim =1;
cfg.trialdef.eventvalue = {'01''02''03''04'};
cfg.trialfun = 'ft_trialfun_general_stimmod';
cfg = ft_definetrial(cfg)

For modifying trialfun_general

function [trl, event] = ft_trialfun_general_stimmod(cfg)
event = ft_read_event(cfg.dataset, 'headerformat', 'egi_mff_v3');
% Find trigger values
trigger = [event(strcmp('stim', {event.type})).value]';
% Note: Replace 'STI101' with the label of the trigger channel that
% contains the trigger values for your data
% Define trial segments
trl = [];
for j = 1:length(trigger)
if any(trigger(j) == [01 02 03 04])
trlbegin = event(j).sample;
trlend = trlbegin + 1000; % define trial length as 1 second
offset = 0; % no offset
newtrl = [trlbegin trlend offset trigger(j)];
trl = [trl; newtrl];
end
end
Please help with the issue, as I am trying to pick up analysis using
Fieldtrip and I do not have a coding background.
Looking forward for a response,

Sincerely
--
Varghese Mathew