[FieldTrip] Calculating band power or power spectral density with ft_freqanalysis

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Sep 6 15:03:07 CEST 2022

Hi Zhiwei Fan,

Averaging across a spectral band these days is done with the ft_selectdata function:

cfg = [];
cfg.frequency = [low high]
cfg.avgoverfreq = ‘yes’;
dataout = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, datain);

Good luck,
Jan-Mathijs

On 2 Sep 2022, at 05:21, Francis (Zhiwei Fan) via fieldtrip <fieldtrip at science.ru.nl<mailto:fieldtrip at science.ru.nl>> wrote:

Dear All,

I am attempting to calculate band power or power spectral density (then I can use bandpower() in Matlab to calculate band power) with

ft_freqanalysis but it seems does provide this function. I have found a similar question in

https://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2020-February/039790.html

However, no one has yet answered this question.

I want to know how to calculate band power or power spectral density in Fieldtrip.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Francis

Zhiwei Fan, Ph.D.

Post-doc | Abe lab

https://www.u.tsukuba.ac.jp/~abe.takashi.gp/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.u.tsukuba.ac.jp/*abe.takashi.gp/__;fg!!HJOPV4FYYWzcc1jazlU!7fKm1v4hrZvcmNtCLJkiTTxFyctgS4iO5j_7yhGZHoryGlNv83zTXIjWs27mINTVdr-oPqYruYR7w8QHqUiUD4hKaafzhZ2KQ-xzuA$>