[FieldTrip] Fwd: alpha one is looking for a senior EEG scientist

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Sat Oct 29 17:53:58 CEST 2022

Dear all,

On behalf of Ingrid Nieuwenhuis, a FieldTrip alumnus, I would like to bring the below job ad to your attention. It might be of interest to some of you. It is the same position that was advertised a while ago (see below), but the strict requirement of being proficient in Dutch has been relaxed a bit. Here’s a link to the refreshed job advert: https://www.alpha.one/vacatures/senior-eeg-scientist-en

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs

+++++ old job advert from early october, slightly different from the current one +++++
Looking for Senior EEG scientist - (close to) PhD level - Location Amsterdam

Are you a methodologically strong neuroscientist with a lot of experience in M/EEG? Do you enjoy translating scientific insights into practical recommendations that customers can use? Then you might be our new Senior EEG Scientist!

About the company, Alpha.One
Alpha.One is a young Dutch company that operates in the domain where neuroscience, marketing and machine learning (AI) meet.

The Senior EEG scientist will be part of the Alpha.One science team. This team conducts neuroscience lab research using EEG and eye tracking. With these tools we generate actionable insights for customers to develop better advertising and communication. In addition, the science team is responsible for the scientific development of the AI-powered ad testing platforms expoze.io<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://expoze.io__;!!HJOPV4FYYWzcc1jazlU!670MhiroRFyKNsT7uROVZOaFZS58_TbzSJJ4cjXYoMZ--noHNkbKAcDmZz_v7NLOTxPS0SmsyNr4OMvMs-sOTlDRQLAY9pTKdp2SWg$> and Junbi.ai. These platforms allow users to test the effectiveness of advertisements without the need for participants.

The core values of Alpha.One are rooted-in-science, actionable-results, and what-you-see-is-what-you-get. In addition to developing marketing products, we also develop applications and products to increase social impact and diversity.

About the role
As a Senior EEG scientist you stand with one leg firmly in science. You manage the team of junior researchers and carry out the EEG and eye tracking research with them. You analyze the data according to our standardized methods, and work on optimizing the analysis pipeline. You contribute to the development of new applications based on machine learning and you are jointly responsible for supervising master students who do an internship in the science team. With the other leg you stand on the customer side in marketing. We don't expect you to have experience with this part, but you are interested in it. You will be trained in this and grow and develop this skill on the job. You learn to translate the client’s research questions into a robust research proposal. You will also work on reports and presentations in which the research findings are translated into practical recommendations for our clients.

Profile

  *
You are a methodologically strong neuroscientist and enjoy translating scientific insights into actionable recommendations that customers can use.
  *
You have at least three years of full-time experience in independently developing, performing and analyzing M/EEG experiments.
  *
Preferably you have a PhD. Fields of study: neuroscience, cognitive psychology or a related field. But if you discovered during your PhD research that the academic system isn't for you, and didn't finish your PhD, we get it.
  *
You have a strong proficiency in programming and data analysis, in Python and/or Matlab.
  *
You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
  *
You are proactive, solution-oriented, able to plan well and set priorities.
  *
You are good at communicating, both verbally, in writing and visually. You can translate complex scientific findings into useful insights.
  *
You are able to work approximately 50% of the time in our Neurolab in Amsterdam (Marnixkade 109F).

We offer:

  *
Working in a team with passionate, intelligent and supportive colleagues from different scientific fields.
  *
Working on bringing together the two most interesting scientific fields, neuroscience and AI, into practical applications.
  *
A hybrid work environment with flexible working hours.
  *
A flat organizational structure in which you have intellectual freedom and the opportunity to implement your ideas.
  *
An intellectually challenging environment, where we’re always working on something new, and where it is never boring.
  *
Good supervision, so that you can continue to grow and develop.
  *
A salary comparable to the salary level at universities (at PhD or postdoc level depending on experience).
  *
An office/lab on the Marnixkade in Amsterdam

At Alpha.One we understand that every person is different, with their own talents, dreams and ambitions. That is why we strive to help you create a career that matches your ambitions.

  *