[FieldTrip] Postdoc position in theoretical/computational neuroscience @CCNi UoGlasgow

Marios Philiastides marios.philiastides at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:00:23 CEST 2022

Dear all (apologies for cross posting),

We have an opportunity for a postdoctoral fellow to make a leading
contribution to an ERC-funded project on human decision making and learning
at the Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi) at the University of
Glasgow.

This job has a strong theoretical neuroscience component and requires the
development of computational models to uncover and predict patterns in
large multimodal datasets (e.g. behavior, simultaneous EEG-fMRI and
eye-tracking data). Moreover, the work will focus on the development of a
computational framework, in which neural data can be used directly to
constrain parameter estimation (i.e. neurally-informed cognitive modelling)
to enable mechanistic insights that might otherwise be missed with a
conventional modelling approach (i.e. based on behaviour alone).

The post-holder will be contributing to the design and programming of
experiments, recruiting and running the participants. The post holder will
also have the opportunity to be involved in cutting-edge bespoke
neuroimaging technology [7TfMRI-EEG] and will be expected to work closely
with other postdoctoral fellows working on the same project.

This post is full time, and has funding for up to 31st May 2026.

For further information, please contact me at
Marios.Philiastides at glasgow.ac.uk.

Apply online at:
https://my.corehr.com/pls/uogrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=095728

Closing Date: 10th November 2022.