[FieldTrip] Regarding null hypothesis and brain pattern

Aruna Karthik arunakln at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:11:01 CET 2022

My research obtains EEG data, which consists of 80 trials. I am epoching
(ERP) 80 trials and grouping 10 trials over time (for example, initial 1-10
trials as group 1, second 11-20 trials as group 2, etc.), resulting in a
total of 8 trial groups. My study hypothesis is that the amplitude of ERP
(participant attention) increases over time in trial groups. Can
ft_statfun_indepsamplesregrT regression cluster analysis be used to
identify linear increase patterns in EEG channels? presuming that any
channels that received significance had the pattern.

eg.

cfg.statistic = ft_statfun_indepsamplesregrT;
design(1,:) = [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8].  % linear increasing design
cfg.design = design;
cfg.ivar = 1;

And also, in order to identify rising and decreasing patterns, may I use
the below  design model?

design(1,:) = [1 2 3 4 5 6 5 4] % increasing and decreasing patten

With Kind regards
Aruna