[FieldTrip] cfg.baseline in ft_timelockbaseline

Songhee Kim songhee.kim at nyu.edu
Wed May 25 21:19:30 CEST 2022

Hi FieldTrippers,

I am curious to know how cfg.baseline exactly works in ft_timelockbaseline.
I have a time-locked data (i.e., datain), whose 'time' goes from -1 to 2.
Now, I tried running ft_timelockbaseline with the following baseline
parameters:

cfg.baseline = [-0.5 0]         intended baseline
cfg.baseline = [-3 -2]           should throw an error
cfg.baseline = [1 0]             should thrown an error I believe

But none of this threw an error. When I inspected dataout, it seems that
dataout.avg is identical to datain.avg in the case of cfg.baseline = [1 0].
But in other cases, they are not identical, meaning ft_timelockbaseline()
did something. My code example is below:

cfg=[];
datain = ft_timelockanalysis(cfg, data);
cfg= []; cfg.baseline = [-0.5, 0];
dataout  = ft_timelockbaseline(cfg, datain);

Thanks,
--
*Songhee Kim, PhD*
Postdoctoral Fellow