[FieldTrip] Error using ft_write_data

LONGUET Yannick yan.longuet at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:28:33 CET 2022

Dear community,

My name is Yannick Longuet and I am a master 2 student, working in* ICM *(Paris
Brain institute) in Paris on Human intracranial-EEG data.

I would like my dataset to follow the BIDS specification but my iEEG data
are stored in the *Poly5* format (TMSI). That's why I am looking to convert
my i-EEG data in the *European Data Format* (EDF)

I've been trying to use the ft_write_data() function for the conversion for
several days but without success.

* Here is my code : *

filename_data='RUN01.Poly5'

cfg = [];

cfg.dataset = filename_data;

cfg.continuous = 'yes';

cfg.chanel = 'all';

data_unfilt  = ft_preprocessing(cfg);

DATA=data_unfilt.trial;

HEADER=ft_read_header(filename_data);

EVENT=ft_read_event(filename_data)

ft_write_data('Youyfu.edf',
DATA,'header',HEADER,'event',EVENT,'dataformat','edf')

*And here is the error message : *

EVENT =

  1×252 struct array with fields:

    type
    sample
    value
    offset
    duration

Error using ft_write_data (line 740)
writing events is not supported

Do you have any idea what could be causing the problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards

Yannick