[FieldTrip] A question on ft_timelockanalysis

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Fri Mar 4 12:34:26 CET 2022

I don’t know about the specific way of importing the data into matlab, but the call to ft_redefinetrial (on line 31 of your script) requires the second input argument to be a data structure that fieldtrip ‘understands’. If it’s not compatible then FieldTrip does not know what to do with it. I suggest that you check the documentation on www.fieldtriptoolbox.org<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org> to get started (e.g. look in the getting started section https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/getting_started/brainvision/ or https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_datatype_raw/

Note, also, that the second input argument into ft_redefinetrial should never be a name of a file, but rather the contents of the file. Alternatively, you could specify cfg.inputfile = dataSet, and omit the second argument in the function call

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs