[FieldTrip] ft_connectivityanalysis

CARRION-FALGARONA Sofia s.carrionfalgarona at icm-institute.org
Wed Mar 2 12:48:30 CET 2022

Dear Community,

I am Sofia and I work at the Brain Paris institute. I am currently looking at rodent’s brain activity within different brain’s region simultaneously by using deep multi-electrodes.
I am trying to use ft_correlationanalysis function in order to compare the power correlation of different channel through the time.
I was expecting to observe some fluctuation in the correlation but I obtained a matrix of  1…
Can someone help me in order to get the correct correlation between 2 channels ?

stat  = ft_connectivityanalysis(cfgtemp, timefreq_alldata);
disp( stat);

>> label: {2×1 cell}
   dimord: 'chan_chan_freq_time'
   powcorrspctrm: [2×2×50×801 double]
   time: [1×801 double]
   freq: [1×50 double]
   dof: 1
   cfg: [1×1 struct]

data_corr_temp  = stat.powcorrspctrm(1,1,:,:);
data_corr       = permute(data_corr_temp ,[3 4 1 2 ]);
disp(data_corr);

>> 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 . . . => actually return a Matrix of 50x801 of 1

I thank you for your help !

Best Regards,

Sofia