[FieldTrip] Value range of power from source analysis (eLORETA)

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Jun 28 08:49:44 CEST 2022

Hi Ina,

For distributed source reconstruction techniques (e.g. e/sLORETA MNE etc) the magnitude of the values you get scale with the number of grid points in your sourcemodel. The larger the number, the smaller the values. This is because of the underlying model, where the sensor data (with fixed magnitude) is explained as a linear combination of the underlying sources. The more sources, the lower the contribution of the individual sources.

I hope that this helps.

Jan-Mathijs