[FieldTrip] CTF275 MEG channel position from FieldTrip to EEGLAB

Zhi Li lizhi.psych at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:07:52 CEST 2022

Hi Arno,

Many thanks for your kind suggestions. You are right about the difference
between EEG and MEG data and IClabel is modelled with EEG data. But I found
that the eye components of most of our MEG dataset can be
correctly labelled by IClabel. I did not use the components labelled by
IClabel directly, instead I just use IClabel to narrow the search for
artifactual components in our MEG dataset with hundreds of subjects that
each one completed several tasks. I ranked the score by IClabel and found
most artefact components were in the top 3 components. In my preprocessing
pipeline, I manually find and check the artifactual components in the top 3
components labeled by IClabel or top 10 if the artefact components were not
in the top 3. I found this strategy is working for all of our dataset.

About the data transformation between Fieldtrip and EEGLAB, I solved this
one by adding the channel type of CTF275 to *pop_fileio*.

Thanks and best,

Zhi Li