[FieldTrip] Call for papers - Frontiers Research Topic: "Peak frequencies in neural oscillatory activity and their connection to perception and cognition"

Thomas.Baumgarten at med.uni-duesseldorf.de Thomas.Baumgarten at med.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Feb 4 11:03:52 CET 2022

Dear FieldTrip-community,

In collaboration with Frontiers in Psychology, Prof. Jason Samaha, Dr. Andreas Wutz, and I are organizing a collection of articles (Research Topic) titled: Peak frequencies in neural oscillatory activity and their connection to perception and cognition.

Details can be found under the following link:
https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/29636/peak-frequencies-in-neural-oscillatory-activity-and-their-connection-to-perception-and-cognition

I am contacting you with the request to consider contributing a paper to this Research Topic. All submissions will undergo rigorous, fast, and fair peer review. Please do let us know if you intend to submit a paper as we would like to keep track of potential contributions. The manuscript deadline is currently set to May 23rd, 2022. If you are unable to submit a paper for this Special Issue, please do forward this note to colleagues who might be interested.

Our idea is to collect high-level manuscripts from international experts, who will tackle the issue from different points of view, with the main aim to create an e-Book compilation. Due to the relative lack of prominence of peak frequency studies in current neuroscience research, we deliberately chose a broad approach to the topic. Thus, we are inviting experimental work, as well as more conceptual or methodological contributions.

Please note that manuscripts accepted for publication are subject to publication fees, but rest assured that the Editorial Office is ready to discuss alternative options with you.

Please feel free to contact me or the Frontiers Editorial Office (psychology.submissions at frontiersin.org<mailto:psychology.submissions at frontiersin.org>) any time for further information.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Thomas Baumgarten

Dr. rer. nat. Thomas J. Baumgarten

Postdoctoral Researcher

Institute of Clinical Neuroscience and Medical Psychology

Düsseldorf University Hospital

Email: Thomas.Baumgarten at med.uni-duesseldorf.de