[FieldTrip] Run ft_prepare_vol_sens on multiple cores

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Apr 13 12:48:41 CEST 2022

Hi Frans,

Perhaps the simbio folks who are reading along can comment on this?

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs

On 12 Apr 2022, at 17:51, Frans Nord via fieldtrip <fieldtrip at science.ru.nl<mailto:fieldtrip at science.ru.nl>> wrote:

Hello all,

In the article "The FieldTrip-SimBio pipeline for EEG forward modelling" (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29580236/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29580236/__;!!HJOPV4FYYWzcc1jazlU!4B2vOR7eEquYu23rZZqYB7aXimMxJhGdqndb2U4xGpnQc91i_jchiCZIl946JbymXnDbqWfKxg16WtwFDXZTXNI-VKqad34BCpR5Yg$>) it is stated that they were able to reduce the computational time substantially when calling ft_prepare_vol_sens and ft_calculate_leadfield through running it on all 16 cores.

Looking at the code I would assume that it's the call to sb_transfer that takes a long time to compute but I don't know how to attempt any parallelizing there. Anyone who has any idea on how to do that?

Best regards and thank you for developing a great toolbox!
//Frans